Terms and Conditions
Our repair services and products come with certain guarantees that are based on and governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
1. When entering a repair/service contract with Tekky's, whether verbal or written, you agree and understand all prior information provided to you about Tekky's and its services. You also agree to all of the sections of the following Terms and Conditions. As the consumer, you acknowledge that you have made all efforts possible to seek and understand important information that relates to you and your selected service. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to understand all terms of services and the associated conditions of repair/warranty before entering a service contract.
2. By providing your device for repair/servicing under our terms and conditions you agree and accept that you have either (A) you have made a backup copy of your data and removed any confidential, proprietary or personal information or (B) You have assumed the risk that such information or media may be lost, corrupted or compromised during our repair or service. You further acknowledge and agree that Tekky's cannot guarantee the safety, security or integrity of any data that remains on your product while it is undergoing service or repair.
3. Tekky's is not responsible for events that are out of Tekky's reasonable control which leads to failures to complete a service, whether delayed or incomplete. Tekky's will not be held liable under these circumstances.
Modifications to Service Terms
1. Considering these Terms and Conditions, Tekky's will provide repair services of your product for the charges quoted by the Tekky's team unless further faults with the device are discovered by our technicians at the time of repair.
2. Further problems with your device may mean that the previously stated quote is now deemed not contractible, and for this reason, we ask you to provide us with all important information about the condition and past conditions of your device so we can best assist you as the customer. It is likely that other costs will be incurred in repairing the device to restore the device to a fully working order if further faults are found. However, the pre-existing contract terms should not change. If they are likely to change due to newly found device conditions, you are entitled to be informed about this by Tekky's.
3. If the requested services require a modification to the pre-existing contract not originally known to Tekky's, Tekky's will seek your approval of the revised estimated repair cost, and you will not be billed unfairly for any price fluctuations which have not been agreed upon previously. If you wish to not go ahead with the extra cost deemed necessary to repair your device further, you may be asked to pay a diagnostic fee, unless the service was contracted with a ‘no diagnosis fees’ agreement.
4. Tekky's also reserved the right to refuse service if a team member decides your device is not as described upon the establishment of the repair contract. The customer may be accountable for a diagnostic fee in this and similar circumstances.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
1. When the product is covered by a Tekky's warranty, Tekky's will perform repairs only covered under the terms of that warranty.
2. If your product is repaired by Tekky's outside of a warranty claim, Tekky's warrants that (a) All repairs will be performed in a competent and professional manner and (b) all parts used to repair your device will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) calendar days. If either of these points is not met, you are entitled to claim our 90 Day Warranty.
3. Our 90 Day Warranty is valid from the time of repair upon
transaction completion, but not a settlement, for the period of
90 (ninety) complete calendar days.
4. Our 90 Day Warranty covers the replacement of replaced parts which have failed under manufacturer defects and fair wear and tear. Fair wear and tear do not include customer abuse and Tekky's holds the right as repairer to determine which cases fall under ‘fair wear and tear’, ‘manufacturer defects and ‘customer abuse’.
5. Repair payments cannot be refunded if the device can be repaired under the original service contract.
6. If the original service contract cannot be met under a warranty claim, the payment value will be refunded inclusive of any tax paid.
7. Warranties for all other hardware/software sold through Tekky's carries the original manufacturer warranty if this can be provided by the manufacturer.
8. If your device is repaired under warranty, the faulty replaced part becomes the property of Tekky's
9. Replacement parts, and warranty claims carry an explicit 90 days Warranty on their failure as denoted in Section 3 – 2 –(b)
1. Unless your product is repaired under warranty without charge, you will pay Tekky's the amount shown on your given invoice. You agree that you will pay for all services you agree to and that Tekky's may charge your payment method for any products purchased and for any additional amounts (including any taxes and late fees, as applicable) that may be accrued by or in connection with your Account. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING Tekky's WITH A VALID PAYMENT METHOD FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES.
2. Your payment is due once the contracted repair/service has been completed, and in the case of repairs, your device has been returned to you. Both parties must agree that the service contract has been met in full. If one party decides the contracted service has not been completed, payment should not be made. It is then Tekky's responsibility to complete the service contract, and the customer to make payment. If the service contract cannot be met and Tekky's cancels the service contract before payment is received, there is no fee to the customer.
3. all our repair prices are online without vat - vat will be added once the job completed.
Loss/Damage of Devices
1. If any product should be damaged or lost whilst in Tekky's custody, Tekky's liability will be limited to the current second-hand value of that device. The device’s worth will be decided by Tekky's, taking into account for certain factors such as the aesthetic and functional condition of the device as a whole and also individually through its parts/components.
3. The repair of your goods may result in the loss of data. Tekkys is not liable for any loss of software, data stored, residing or recorded in your product. Including removable data, confidential personal or proprietary information. By providing your product under our terms and conditions you agree and accept that you have either (A) you have made a backup copy of your data and removed any confidential, proprietary or personal information or (B) You have assumed the risk that such information or media may be lost, corrupted or compromised during our repair or service. You further acknowledge and agree that Tekky's cannot guarantee the safety, security or integrity of any data that remains on your product while it is undergoing service or repair.
1. It is a condition of Tekky's that any product repaired is subject to the disposal of uncollected goods legislation. This legislation allows Tekky's the right of sale exercisable in certain circumstances. If your product remains unclaimed, Tekkys reserves the right under law to dispose of that product in whichever way Tekky's deems fit. This includes the sale of your device with no financial compensation to the original owner.
Required Software Installation
1. If the repair service involves transferring information or installing software, you agree that any Tekky's team member has the need to copy the required information and agree to the terms of the software being installed in order to complete the agreed service contract. You hereby authorize Tekky's to transfer information and install the required software and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
1. Tekky's holds the right to change the above Terms and Conditions at any time, and it's your responsibility to check you have read the most recent revision.
2. All service contracts will be completed under the Terms and Conditions that governed the contract establishment.
3. Any revision to the Document only affects future service contracts.
4. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
5. These Terms and Conditions are the only ones that govern Tekky's’s product or services. Except otherwise stated by these terms and conditions or by a Tekky's team member, no other oral or written terms or conditions apply.
6. No one has the authority from Tekky's to change any of these Terms and Conditions without authorization by management.